Sylvia and Harry Halpern Religious School
- Click Here for the Rates and Online Application
- Religious School Calendar (subject to change)
- Religious School News
- Follow the Religious School on Twitter @bethelrelschool
Religious School Mission Statement
At Beth El Synagogue Center’s Religious School, we seek to inspire in each of our learners a thirst for Jewish living and learning. Through the use of exciting, innovative and engaging methodology, we provide dynamic Jewish experiences with meaningful and relevant content, and an emphasis on skill building and Jewish literacy. In addition, with our warm, compassionate and inclusive environment, we hope to instill in our learners a sense of belonging to our community and the Jewish people, a personal connection to Israel, as well as a commitment to Judaism that will play a central role in their adult lives. In this way, we hope that our learners consider Beth El Synagogue a “second home.”
- Every Jew is a link in the chain of Jewish continuity.
- Jewish identity is to be appreciated and celebrated.
- The family and home are central in every child’s Jewish education.
- Every learner deserves to have his/her personal needs met.
- Torah, spirituality, ethics and prayer provide a compass for living life.
The religious school has been designated as “Framework for Excellence School” by the United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism.
For additional information, please call Andrea Moldoff in the Religious School office at (914) 235-2700, ext. 221, or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to get to know, Jen Vegh the Religious School and Youth Activities Director. Please email her to set up a “get-to-know-you” meeting! Click here for Jen Vegh’s biography.